| KEY INFORMATION ABOUT BRUS AND BLACE PROJECT
WASTEWATER COLLECTION AND TREATMENT SYSTEM IN BRUS AND BLACE
(Brus and Blace municipalities and their constituent settlements)|
Sector: Environmental protection/Wastewater management
The Municipality of Brus is located in the south part of Central Serbia, in the Rasina river valley, on the eastern slopes of Mount Kopaonik. The municipality spreads over 233.978 square miles and 58 settlements. The settlement of Brus sits on the banks of the Rasina river, approximately 9.3 miles west of its mouth in the Blatašnica river and the south side of Lake Ćelije.
According to the 2011 census, Brus had a population of around 4,500. In terms of collection and disposal of urban waste water, the Brus agglomeration is made up of Brus itself and the following settlements: Kobilje, Velika Grabovica, Mala Grabovica, Drtevci, Žiljci, Tršanovci, and Lepenac.
The Municipality of Blace is located in the south part of Central Serbia, in the Toplice valley, on the east slopes of Mount Kopaonik and southeast slopes of Mount Jastrebac. The municipality spreads over 118 square miles and 40 settlements. For the most part, the Blace settlement is located north of the Blatašnica river — on its right bank and 7.4 miles east of its mouth in the Rasina river. The Blace agglomeration is made up of the town of Blace itself with a population of approximately 5,500, according to the 2011 census.
The existing sewerage system is partially separated in both municipalities. Brus and Blace are largely covered by the sewerage network, while the surface water sewer is underdeveloped, especially in the surrounding settlements.
These two municipalities are major sources of untreated wastewaters that flow into the Rasina, Graševka, and Blatašnica rivers.
Wastewater spills directly result in polluting the Rasina river and its tributary Blatašnica, which is why they are identified as the main polluters of the accumulation lake Ćelije. The Majdevo drinking water treatment plant uses the water intake structure in Lake Ćelije that provides drinking water for approximately 300,000 consumers in Kruševac, Varvarin, Aleksandrovac, Ćićevac, and Trstenik.
The main goal is to enhance environmental protection through investing in improving the environmental infrastructure in the Brus and Blace municipalities.
- Improving the water quality in the Rasina and the Blatašnica and protecting them against harmful effects caused by direct discharge of wastewater;
- Preventing further pollution and protecting Lake Ćelije as the drinking water supply source for the Rasina District;
- Improving the quality of the environment through indirect effects, improved sanitation protection, and reduced public health risks for the citizens of Brus and Blace;
- Procurement Plan — completed in January 2018;
- Tender Documentation for the construction of wastewater treatment plants (WWTP) in Brus and Blace — June 2018;
- Tender Documentation for the construction and reconstruction of the sewerage network for wastewater and stormwater in Brus and Blace — July 2018 ;
- Accompanying training programme for strengthening the administrative, managerial, and operational capacities of the project participants — IN PROGRESS.
By clicking the button below, you can review or download document containing basic project information. Documents can be freely downloaded and further distributed for individual use. Commercial reproduction and distribution of the photos and other materials without the permission from the EU PPF is not allowed.
|By clicking the button(s) below, you can view the project photo galleries. Images in the galleries are free for individual use. Commercial reproduction and distribution of the photos and other materials without the permission from the EU PPF is not allowed.|