| KEY INFORMATION ABOUT PANČEVO PROJECT
WASTEWATER COLLECTION AND TREATMENT SYSTEM IN THE CITY OF PANČEVO
(City of Pančevo and its constituent settlements)
Sector: Environmental protection/Wastewater management
The City of Pančevo is located in the South Banat District, on the left bank of the Danube, and has a population of around 123,414. The centre of both the city and the district is the city of Pančevo. The city of Pančevo is made up of ten settlements: two city settlements (Kačarevo, Pančevo) and eight village settlements: Bački Brestrovac, Banatsko Novo Selo, Glogonj, Dolovo, Ivanovo, Jabuka, Omoljica, and Starčevo.
The existing sewerage system covers round 80% of Pančevo’s urban core and consists of 123 miles of pipelines. The system in the city is separated, and the sanitary sewers are for the most part separated from the storm sewers. The collected sanitary sewage is taken to the main pumping station on the bank of the Tamiš river and from there discharged directly into the Tamiš and flow into the Danube without prior treatment. The sewage systems in the villages are partially built and not yet completed.
- Improving the environmental protection in the municipality of Pančevo by reducing the level of pollution from urban wastewater and creating conditions for environmentally friendly and sustainable development by preventing the pollution of surface water and groundwater;
- Protecting the Danube and reducing its pollution from untreated wastewater by introducing appropriate wastewater treatment;
- Improving the quality of the environment through indirect effects, improved sanitation protection, and reduced public health risks for the citizens of Pančevo and its neighbouring settlements by expanding the existing sewerage network to full coverage.
- Preliminary Project Report — completed in August 2018;
- Pre-Feasibility Study for wastewater collection and treatment in the City of Pančevo— February 2019;
- General Design for wastewater collection and treatment in the City of Pančevo — February 2019;
- Accompanying training programme for strengthening the administrative, managerial, and operational capacities of the project participants — IN PROGRESS.
By clicking the button below, you can review or download document containing basic project information. Documents can be freely downloaded and further distributed for individual use. Commercial reproduction and distribution of the photos and other materials without the permission from the EU PPF is not allowed.
|By clicking the button(s) below, you can view the project photo galleries. Images in the galleries are free for individual use. Commercial reproduction and distribution of the photos and other materials without the permission from the EU PPF is not allowed.