|Project name||European Union Project Preparation Facility|
|Project Sector||Infrastructure (Environmental protection, Wastewater management, Energy Efficiency, Transport)|
|Town/Region||Republic of Serbia|
|Total worth||€ 20,946,161|
|EU Donation||€ 19,717,373|
|GoS Contribution||€ 1,228,787|
|Budget line||IPA 2013, IPA 2014|
|Ongoing project schemes||PPF6, PPF7, PPF8|
|Contracting Authority||Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Serbia
Ministry of Finance – Department for Contracting and Financing of EU Funded Programmes (CFCU)
|Key Beneficiary Institution||Ministry of European Integration|
|Social media account||@euppf|
|Hashtag||#euppfserbia, #euppfsrbija #podrškaEUzaodrživirazvoj, #ppfeudonacija, #ppfeudonation, #perspektivasrbijezaodrživirazvoj, #serbiasperspectiveforsustainablegrowth|
The EU PPF programme is financed by the EU and Government of Serbia and managed by the Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Serbia, Ministry of Finance – Department for Contracting and Financing of EU Funded Programmes (CFCU) and the Ministry of European Integration.
The Ministry of European Integration is the key programme beneficiary.
Line Ministries are also beneficiaries of the EU PPF programme and are directly involved in the implementation:
- Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management and its Water Directorate;
- Ministry of Environmental Protection;
- Ministry of Mining and Energy;
- Ministry of Construction, Transport and Infrastructure;
- Ministry of Labour, Employment, Veteran and Social Affairs;
- Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development;
- Ministry of Public Administration and Local Self-Government;
- Ministry of Youth and Sport;
- Ministry of Finance;
- Ministry of Health;
- Ministry of Justice;
- Ministry of Economy;
- Ministry of the Interior.
The “EU Project Preparation Facility” (EU PPF) Programme represents technical assistance financed by European Union funds. The aim is to strengthen technical and administrative capacities of the Republic of Serbia’s administration, with regard to the management and use of EU funds, as well as to support preparation of infrastructure projects.
The OVERALL OBJECTIVE of the PPF programme is to assist the Serbian administration to effectively manage the EU integration and pre-accession assistance in order to speed up preparations for country’s membership in the European Union.
The SPECIFIC OBJECTIVE refers to strengthening technical and administrative capacity of the Serbian administration in relation to the European integration process and enhancing effective and efficient management and absorption of EU pre-accession funds, with special emphasis on preparation of technical and tender documentation for infrastructure projects related to energy, environment and transport sectors.
Under the auspices of the Ministry of European Integration (MEI), Steering Committees (SC) have been set up for the EU PPF programme.
EU PPF Steering Committees are composed of the representatives of Contracting Authorities, Key Beneficiaries, as well as of representatives of other beneficiaries involved in the implementation of the programme, when needed. The EU PPF Steering Committees meet at regular intervals to oversee the implementation of the EU PPF 6, EU PPF7, and EU PPF8 projects.
In addition, the EU PPF has the following project stakeholders:
To carry out the main operational functions and ToR assignments of the EU PPF Programme, EUDEL, MEI and CFCU contracted a dedicated EU PPF team, which comprises of the following units:
- EU PPF 6 Unit;
- EU PPF 7 Unit;
- EU PPF 8 Unit.
The main objective of the EU PPF Units is to provide full administrative, operational, logistical and technical support to the Contracting Authorities (EUDEL and CFCU) and Main Beneficiary (MEI), as well as to the Line Ministries and other Project Stakeholders, all in accordance with the Project Activities which are described in ToRs for each separate PPF project.
Three PPF projects (jointly named as EU PPF) are currently ongoing:
- PPF6 – EU Project Preparation Facility – Project Preparation of Investment projects / (IPA 2013)
Service Contract Number is: 48-00-145/2014/28/EuropeAid/135637/IH/SER/RS
This Project is implemented by the consortium of Louis Berger, GIZ, Louis Berger d.o.o and subcontractor EPCCO.
- PPF7 – EU Project Preparation Facility / Support to IPA Programming, Trainings and Project Preparation (IPA 2013)
Service Contract Number: 48-00-00204/2014 28/EuropeAid/137119/IH/SER/RS
This project is implemented by the consortium led by GIZ (International Services – InS) in partnership with Louis Berger, Louis Berger doo and EPCCO.
DIRECT OUTPUTS and RESULTS of the EU PPF activities are:
1. Technical and tender documentation prepared for infrastructure projects related to environment, energy and transport sector (total number of projects 15):
- EU PPF6: seven projects in the sector of energy and environment;
- EU PPF7: two projects in the sector of environment;
- EU PPF8: six projects in the sectors of transport and environmental protection.
2. System for prioritizing of social infrastructure projects “Single Project Pipeline for Social Infrastructure”
3. Enhanced Capacities of the Serbian Administration – Capacity building component and EU PPF training modules implemented and at least 1500 participants trained (total number of trainings: app.70)
- EU PPF6 Unit: 20 one-day trainings – app. 500 participants
- EU PPF7 Unit: more than 21 trainings – app. 500 participants
- EU PPF8 Unit: 26 one-day trainings – app. 500 participants
4. All programming documents required for the planning and coordination of IPA funds for 2018-2019 and 2020 prepared. Document on ‘Needs of the Republic of Serbia for International Assistance 2014-17 with projections until 2020’ (NAD) fully reviewed and adjusted to cover the period 2019 to 2025 to replace the current NAD with projections until 2020.
- General Public/Society in Serbia at large (e.g. Citizens of targeted Municipalities where EU PPF sub-projects are located – end beneficiaries of the EU PPF infrastructure projects);
- National, Provincial and local authorities and/or public companies in charge of EU integration and pre-accession assistance (Ministries, project related Municipalities, PUCs – e.g. Administration working at national and local level).
The programme will have an impact on the wider domestic population and the local community in terms of provision of better quality of life through modernized transport networks, improved energy efficiency, adequate wastewater management and improved environmental protection. EU PPF programme will also support faster transposition of EU Acquis into Serbian legislation.
Positive long-term impact will be evidenced through:
- Trained staff of relevant national and local institution dealing with preparation of technical/tender documentation in environment, energy and transport sectors;
- Creation of more attractive economic environment which will act as a driver for increased socio-economic development and social cohesion;
- Enhanced living conditions of citizens through improved infrastructure in the area of environment, energy efficiency and transport;
- Strengthening the national approach towards sustainable and more efficient use of natural resources.