| KEY INFORMATION ABOUT KOLUBARA PROJECT
KOLUBARA REGIONAL WATER SUPPLY SYSTEM
The objective of this project is to improve the existing situation and provide long-term drinking water supply in seven municipalities located in the western part of Serbia. The investment in the Kolubara regional water supply system will provide drinking water for 160,000 inhabitants, which will contribute to sustainable water management and improve the quality of the environment, health and well-being of the citizens in the region.
- Achieving full functionality of the KRWSS, i.e, to supply a deficit of drinking water to users in Valjevo town and municipalities Mionica, Ub, Lajkovac, Lazarevac, Ljig and Koceljeva;
- Provision of sufficient water flow in Kolubara river for the needs of “Kolubara B” thermal power plant;
- Provision of required water quantities for other potential users (provision of the ecological minimum flow downstream of the dam, water supply of the industry, hydropower generation…);
- Securing the part of the water reservoir Stubo-Rovni for the flood protection of downstream areas
A team of experts from the EU PPF6 Project Unit will prepare the following technical documentation:
- Feasibility Study;
- Conceptual Design;
- Preliminary Design for the Water Treatment Plant;
- Preliminary Design for the KRWSS as a whole;
- EIA study;
- Design for construction permit for KRWSS;
- Design for the execution of works;
- Tender documentation.
- Working Paper #1 submitted to the beneficiaries aimed to reach an agreement on the most relevant planning criteria and policies;
- Final Preliminary Design Report presented to the Working Group on 18 February 2021;
- Option analysis report submitted to JASPERS by the end of June 2021;
- Baseline analysis submitted to JASPERS in September 2021;
- Presentation of technical solutions for connection to the KRWSS in all municipalities;
- Feasibility Study was submitted to JASPERS in March 2022;
By clicking the button below, you can review or download document containing basic project information. Documents can be freely downloaded and further distributed for individual use. Changing or publishing documents is not allowed without the explicit permission of the author.
Eco tips and tricks
Read eco tips and tricks from our experts.
Check out our calendar of important environmental dates.
Did You know?
Find the answers to frequently asked questions.
Visit the interactive map
of PPF projects
Promoting the results of EU’s development assistance to Serbia
Social Media links