| KEY INFORMATION ABOUT KRALJEVO PROJECT
WASTEWATER COLLECTION AND TREATMENT SYSTEM IN THE CITY OF KRALJEVO
(City of Kraljevo and its constituent municipalities)
Sector: Environmental protection/Wastewater management
The City of Kraljevo is located in the central part of the Republic of Serbia, in the Raška District, at the confluence of the Ibar and Morava rivers.
The sewerage system of the city of Kraljevo includes Kraljevo with six constituent settlements (Ribnica, Grdica, Čibukovac, Jarčujak, Kovanluk, Kovači) and nine surrounding villages (Mataruška Banja, Žiča, Ratina, Konarevo, Adrani, Dragošinjci, Metikoši, Mataruge, and Progorelica), forming the Kraljevo agglomeration with approximately 90,000 inhabitants (the 2011 census).
The sewerage network exists in all populated areas of the agglomeration, and wastewater flows into the West Morava and Ibar rivers without appropriate treatment. Some settlements are still not connected to the sewerage network. Most of the existing sewerage system is in poor condition, with high infiltration rates.
- Improving environmental protection and creating conditions for environmentally friendly and sustainable development;
- Improving the water quality in the West Morava and Ibar rivers and protecting them against the harmful effects of uncontrolled and direct discharge of wastewater;
- Reducing pollution and better quality of surface and ground waters, as well as river sediment;
- Improving the quality of the environment through indirect effects, improved sanitation protection, and reduced public health risks for the citizens of the settlements downstream from the confluence of the Ibar and West Morava rivers;
Within the EU PPF programme, the EU PPF6 project unit’s expert team produced:
- Procurement Plan — completed in January 2018;
- Tender Documentation for the construction of wastewater treatment plants (WWTP) in the city of Kraljevo — May 2018;
- Tender Documentation for the construction and reconstruction of the sewerage network for wastewater and stormwater in the city of Kraljevo — June 2018;
- Accompanying training programme for strengthening the administrative, managerial, and operational capacities of the project participants — IN PROGRESS.
By clicking the button below, you can review or download document containing basic project information. Documents can be freely downloaded and further distributed for individual use. Commercial reproduction and distribution of the photos and other materials without the permission from the EU PPF is not allowed.
|By clicking the button(s) below, you can view the project photo galleries. Images in the galleries are free for individual use. Commercial reproduction and distribution of the photos and other materials without the permission from the EU PPF is not allowed.|
Eco tips and tricks
Read eco tips and tricks from our experts.
Check out our calendar of important environmental dates.
Did You know?
Find the answers to frequently asked questions.
Visit the interactive map
of PPF projects
Promoting the results of EU’s development assistance to Serbia
Social Media links