| KEY INFORMATION ABOUT LOZNICA PROJECT
WASTEWATER COLLECTION AND TREATMENT SYSTEM IN THE CITY OF LOZNICA
(City of Loznica and its constituent settlements)
Sector: Environmental protection/Wastewater management
The City of Loznica is a city in the Mačva District in the west of Serbia. According to the 2011 census, the Loznica municipality spreads over an area of 236 square miles and has a population of around 86,413.
The Loznica agglomeration includes around 40,000 inhabitants, of which 92% are connected to the public water supply system, while only 54.8% of the population is connected to the sewerage network. The sewerage network is mostly developed in the urban parts of Loznica and Banja Koviljača with a total length of around 58 miles. The wastewater collection networks in Loznica and Banja Koviljača operate as combined systems for storm sewage and sanitary sewage with low infiltration rate. The sewerage network in settlements with underdeveloped or no sewerage — such as Baščeluci, Krajišnici, Runjani, Voćnjak, and Ploča — is earmarked for expansion within the project for Loznica.
- Improving environmental protection and protection of water resources against harmful effects of uncontrolled discharges of sanitary and industrial wastewater;
- Improving the quality of the environment through indirect effects, improved sanitation protection, and reduced public health risks for citizens by expanding the existing sewerage network for wastewater and atmospheric waters;
- Preventing further pollution of the Štira river and the Drina’s cross-border watercourse from untreated wastewater discharge.
Within the EU PPF programme, the EU PPF6 project unit’s expert team will produce:
- Preliminary Project Report — completed in August 2018;
- Conceptual designs for WWTP and wastewater collection network – February 2018
- Feasibility Study with Preliminary Design for the WWTP—February 2019;
- Environmental Impact Assessment Study (EIA Study) — March 2019;
- Design for Construction Permit for the wastewater collection system— May 2019;
- Design for execution of the works for the wastewater collection system — June 2019;
- Tender Documentation for the construction of wastewater treatment plants (WWTP) in the city of Loznica — July 2019;
- Tender Documentation for the construction and reconstruction of the sewerage network for wastewater and stormwater in the city of Loznica — July 2019;
Accompanying training programme for strengthening the administrative, managerial, and operational capacities of the project participants — IN PROGRESS.
By clicking the button below, you can review or download document containing basic project information. Documents can be freely downloaded and further distributed for individual use. Commercial reproduction and distribution of the photos and other materials without the permission from the EU PPF is not allowed.
|By clicking the button(s) below, you can view the project photo galleries. Images in the galleries are free for individual use. Commercial reproduction and distribution of the photos and other materials without the permission from the EU PPF is not allowed.|
Eco tips and tricks
Read eco tips and tricks from our experts.
Check out our calendar of important environmental dates.
Did You know?
Find the answers to frequently asked questions.
Visit the interactive map
of PPF projects
Promoting the results of EU’s development assistance to Serbia
Social Media links